90% would make again
Steak-Stuffed Garlic Bread
featured in Sides for Garlic Lovers
A mouthwatering sandwich made with crusty garlic bread, juicy steak, and melted cheese, perfect for a hearty lunch or dinner.
May 15, 2023
for 4 servings
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 lb ribeye steak (455 g)
- ¾ tablespoon kosher salt
- ½ tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 baguette
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Calories 765
- Fat 51g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 30g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 37g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice the steak in half lengthwise then season all of the sides with the salt and pepper.
- Heat oil in a pan over extremely high heat until oil is slightly smoking.
- Sear the steak for about one minute, then flip.
- Add the butter, rosemary, and garlic, swirling the pan so that the butter melts. Tilt the pan towards you, and using a large spoon, constantly scoop the melted butter on top of the steak, basting it for about one minute.
- NOTE: This helps cook the top of the steak faster and provide more flavor.
- Sear the sides of the steak for about 30 seconds, then remove it from heat completely. Repeat with the other strip of steak.
- Cut the ends off the baguette and remove the insides using a knife.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Once the steaks are completely cool, stuff the hollowed out baguettes with the steak. Place the baguettes on a baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, combine the melted butter, garlic, Parmesan, and parsley, stirring until evenly combined. Spread the garlic butter evenly on top of the steak-stuffed baguettes.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, depending on how you like your steak.
- Slice into 1 in (3 cm) bites.