Strawberries ‘N’ Cream Pyramid Cake
This strawberries n' cream pyramid cake is a showstopper dessert that's as beautiful as it is delicious. Layers of fluffy sponge cake, luscious cream filling, and fresh strawberries are stacked high and topped with a dusting of powdered sugar for a stunning presentation.
for 8 servings
- 16 oz good-quality white chocolate (455 g), finely chopped
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL)
- 1 pound cake, store-bought
- 8 oz fresh strawberry (225 g), chopped
- 2 cups whipped cream (120 g)
- strawberry topping, for serving
- Calories 523
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 46g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the ganache: In a medium bowl, combine the white chocolate and heavy cream. Microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring after each one, until the texture is silky and smooth.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Place the pound cake on a cutting board and slice lengthwise into 4 equally thick pieces.
- Set the bottom piece of the cake down first on a small baking pan or serving platter.
- Spread an even layer of white chocolate ganache over the cake, then sprinkle with a layer of strawberries. Repeat making with the next two pieces of pound cake. Place the final piece of pound cake on top of the last strawberry layer and cover it with an even layer of white chocolate ganache. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Remove the cake from the refrigerator and place it on the edge of a cutting board sitting at the edge of your work surface. Use a serrated knife to cut the cake diagonally, lengthwise, creating two, right-angled pieces of cake. Use the edge of the cutting board to help guide your knife.
- Set the two right-angled pieces next to each other to form a triangle with the final layer of ganache and base cake piece at the center. Cover with whipped cream.
- Serve with strawberry topping.
- Pairs well with rosé.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.