Sun-Dried Tomato Skillet Chicken
Say hello to your new favorite 30-minute skillet chicken dish. Made with chicken thighs and a savory sun-dried tomato sauce, it pairs wonderfully with mashed potatoes or pasta.
for 3 servings
- 1 ½ lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (650 g)
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- italian seasoning, to taste
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour (30 g)
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ⅓ cup diced shallot (60 g)
- 2 ½ tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¾ cup chicken broth (180 mL)
- ¾ cup heavy cream (180 mL)
- ½ cup sun-dried tomatoes (100 g), oil drained and chopped
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese (65 g)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, chopped
- mashed potato, or pasta, for serving
- Calories 782
- Fat 57g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 49g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator 30 minutes prior cooking.
- Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel, then season both sides generously with salt, black pepper, and Italian seasoning. Dredge in the flour, shaking off any excess.
- Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Melt together the avocado oil and butter, then add the chicken in a single layer and cook for 3½ minutes on each side, or until golden and crispy. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside.
- Add the shallot and garlic to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes, being careful to not let them brown. Add the thyme and red pepper flakes and stir for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chicken broth, heavy cream, and sun-dried tomatoes and cook until the liquid reduces slightly, 3–5 minutes.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until the sauce thickens slightly. Season the sauce with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Return the chicken to the skillet and cook for 2 minutes, or until warmed through.
- Garnish with the basil and serve with mashed potatoes or pasta.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.