97% would make again
Takeout-Style Shrimp & Pork Egg Rolls
featured in Quicker Than Delivery Egg Rolls
Inspired by youtube.com
for 15 servings
- 3.5 oz glass noodle (100 g), 1 package
- hot water, for soaking
- 2 cups shredded cabbage (200 g)
- 1 cup shredded carrots (110 g)
- ½ cup chopped scallions (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ lb raw shrimp (225 g), peeled and deveined, chopped
- ½ lb ground pork (225 g)
- 12 wheat egg roll wrappers
- 1 tablespoon water, for sealing
- vegetable oil, for frying
- Calories 165
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 9g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Place the glass noodles in a large bowl and add enough hot water to cover. Let sit for 10 minutes, until softened. Drain the noodles and chop into ½-inch (1-cm) pieces.
- In a large bowl, mix together the chopped glass noodles, cabbage, carrots, scallions, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and sesame oil. Toss until well combined.
- Then, fold in the chopped shrimp and ground pork until just incorporated.
- Place a spring roll wrapper on a clean work surface and add 3 tablespoons of filling to the center. Fold the bottom of the wrapper over the filling, then fold in the sides and roll. Lightly wet the exposed with your fingertip and continue rolling to seal the egg roll. Repeat with the remaining wrappers and filling.
- Fill a deep skillet with ½ inch (1 cm) of vegetable oil and heat over medium-high heat until the oil reaches 325˚F (160˚C). Fry the egg rolls in batches of 1-2 at a time for 2½- 3 minutes on each side, until crispy and golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on a wire rack or plate lined with paper towels to absorb any extra oil.