90% would make again
Tasty 101 Edible Cookie Dough
We took Tasty’s famous chocolate chip cookie recipe and turned it into edible dough that’s just as delicious as the original.
for 8 cups
- 3 cups all purpose flour (375 g)
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- water, as needed
- ¾ cup granulated sugar (150 g)
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar (330 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chip (175 g)
- 7 oz dark chocolate (200 g), chopped
- Calories 558
- Fat 19g
- Carbs 95g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 48g
- Protein 8g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Evenly spread the flour on a baking sheet. Bake for 5 minutes to kill any harmful bacteria. Let cool to room temperature.
- Add the butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the butter turns dark brown and smells nutty, about 5 minutes. Watch carefully so the butter does not burn.
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour the brown butter into a heatproof liquid measuring cup. Let cool for a minute or 2, then give it a stir and carefully pour in enough water to bring it back up to 1½ cups of liquid. Let cool to room temperature.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooled browned butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar. Mix with an electric hand mixer or whisk until evenly combined.
- Add the espresso powder, salt, vanilla, milk, and cooled flour and mix until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped chocolate until incorporated.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes, until firm. The cookie dough will keep in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.