Teriyaki Chicken Fried Rice Dome
For the nights you want to serve a classic favorite, but want to play things up, serve this teriyaki chicken fried rice dome. It’s basically a deconstructed fried rice dish prepared using a bundt cake pan. Just make sure to serve it on a wide platter, so the rice has room to fall apart once you start cutting slices of it.
for 6 servings
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- ½ cup soy sauce (120 mL), plus 3 tablespoons, divided
- ½ cup mirin (120 mL)
- 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs (910 g), sliced
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 carrots, peeled and minced
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and minced
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1 cup peas (150 g)
- 1 cup broccoli florets (150 g)
- 3 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 4 cups white rice (800 g), cooled
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 sesame seed, for garnish
- scallion, sliced, for garnish
- Calories 514
- Fat 27g
- Carbs 21g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 48g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, mix together the sugar, ½ cup (120 ml) soy sauce, and the mirin.
- Add the chicken to a large bowl. Pour ½ cup (120 ml) of the marinade over the chicken and save the rest for later. Toss the chicken to coat, cover with plastic wrap, and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Add the canola oil to a wok or a large skillet over high heat. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the carrots, onion, and pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, 5 minutes.
- Add the peas and broccoli florets to the skillet. Cook, shaking the pan or stirring, for about 3 more minutes, until the broccoli becomes slightly tender. Remove the vegetables from the skillet.
- Add 2 tablespoons of sesame oil to the skillet and heat until it shimmers, then add the minced garlic and ginger. When the mixture is fragrant, about 15 seconds later, add the cooked rice, breaking up clumps with a spoon and tossing in the oil.
- When the rice is well-coated, push to one side of the skillet and add the beaten eggs to the other side. Scramble until it starts to set, then return the veggies to the pan and stir into the rice to incorporate. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons of soy sauce. Stir until well-combined.
- Transfer the rice mixture to a greased bundt pan. Pack the rice down slightly. Cover and set aside.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of sesame oil in the skillet. Add the marinated chicken and cook until browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Add the reserved teriyaki sauce and cook until reduced and thickened slightly. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Invert the fried rice dome onto a serving platter. Pour the hot teriyaki chicken into the center of the dome and garnish with sliced scallions.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.