Vegetable Dumpling Soup
Cozy up with a bowl of this comforting Vegetable Dumpling Soup, filled with soft, chewy dumplings and hearty vegetables in a flavorful broth. This dish is sure to warm you up from the inside out.
for 6 servings
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ cup warm water (120 mL)
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon dried sage
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups potato (400 g), diced
- 6 cups vegetable broth (1 L)
- 2 leaves bay leaf
- fresh parsley, chopped, to serve
- Calories 1041
- Fat 70g
- Carbs 86g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 18g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt with a spatula. Form a well in the middle of the dry mixture and add 2 tablespoons olive oil and warm water. Mix until dough forms in to a sticky ball. Cover with a dish towel and set aside.
- In large pot or Dutch oven, add the olive oil over medium heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the onion and carrot and cook for about 4-5 minutes, or until the onions are semi-translucent.
- Add in the garlic, dill, sage, thyme, and pepper, and cook for 2-3 more minutes until herbs are fragrant.
- Stir in potatoes, vegetable broth, and bay leaves, and bring to a boil. 5. Reduce heat to medium-high and simmer about 8 minutes or until potatoes are about 75 percent cooked through.
- Carefully drop in dollops of the dumpling dough, about 1 inch (2-cm) in diameter.
- Let dumplings simmer for about 10 minutes, or until chewy and cooked through.
- To serve, garnish with lots of fresh parsley.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.