87% would make again
Veggie-Packed Buddha Bowl
featured in Buddha Bowls For An Entire Week
Inspired by damndelicious.net
for 2 servings
Roasted Garlic Dressing
- 1 head garlic
- ½ cup olive oil (120 mL)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 lb chicken breast (455 g), cubed
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cups brown rice (660 g), cooked
- 1 cup red cabbage (100 g), shredded
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and thinly sliced
- 1 cup carrot (110 g), shredded
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (200 g), halved
- ¼ cup green onion (35 g), thinly sliced
- Preheat the oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Make the dressing: Use a knife to slice off the top third of the head of garlic, just enough so that all of the cloves are exposed but the head remains intact.
- Fill a small ovenproof saucepan with the olive oil and place the garlic bulb, cut side down, in the oil. Cover the pan with a lid and transfer to the oven.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the garlic has softened and is easily pierced with a paring knife. Let cool.
- Once the garlic and oil have cooled enough to handle, squeeze the cloves out of the garlic skin into a blender.
- Add the salt, pepper, water, lemon juice, and mustard to the blender. Puree until smooth.
- With the blender still running, slowly add the oil from the saucepan in a steady stream. The dressing should be a creamy and slightly thick. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, season the chicken with turmeric, onion powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Toss until evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken to the pan and sauté until firm and cooked through, about 4 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- To build the buddha bowls, divide the rice between 2 serving bowls. Top with shredded cabbage, sliced avocado, turmeric chicken, shredded carrots, halved cherry tomatoes, and green onions and drizzle with roasted garlic dressing.