82% would make again
White Chocolate Mousse
featured in 3-Part Mirror Glaze Cake
for 8 servings
- 8 egg yolks
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream (360 mL), for the eggs
- 1 ½ cups white chocolate (260 g), over 30% cocoa butter
- 2 cups heavy cream (240 mL), chilled, for whipping
- Calories 529
- Fat 51g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 19g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, beat the egg yolks with a hand mixer until frothy and airy, then mix in the sugar slowly. Beat until lemon-colored and fluffy.
- Heat the cream in a pot over medium heat until steaming but not boiling, then slowly mix in half of the cream with the eggs – being sure to not cook the eggs by pouring too much cream inside before it’s mixed.
- Pour the warm creamy egg mixture into the pot with the rest of the cream and cook over low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon without dripping off too much.
- Mix in the white chocolate until smooth, then transfer the mix to a bowl and press cling film into the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Chill completely.
- Once the white chocolate mixture is set, beat the cold cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks. Be careful not to overmix, it’s safer to undermix than the over mix.
- Carefully fold in the white chocolate mixture into the cream, a little at a time, until folded in completely. Set aside for later use.
- Nutrition Calories: 1902 Fat: 162 grams Carbs: 137 grams Fiber: 0 grams Sugars: 138 grams Protein: 27 grams