90% would make again
Air Fryer Roast Chicken
Kiss your store-bought rotisserie chicken goodbye! This super juicy and easy roasted chicken comes together in only an hour. We won’t judge you for saving all the extra crispy skin for yourself.
for 4 servings
- 1 whole chicken, 3-4 pound (1.3 -1.8 grams)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- Calories 586
- Fat 43g
- Carbs 0g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 42g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the air fryer to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Pat the chicken dry all over, including inside the cavity, with paper towels.
- In a small bowl, mix together the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika.
- Rub the butter all over the breast side of the chicken, including under the skin of the breasts. Sprinkle the spice mixture all over the breast side of the chicken and rub to coat well. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine.
- Place the chicken, breast-side down, in the air fryer and “fry” for 30 minutes. Carefully flip the chicken breast-side up and continue cooking for 20 minutes more, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C).
- Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes before carving.