Arroz Con Pollo With Matt And Patrick
featured in 4 Ways To Cook Pollo
Arroz con pollo is a classic Latin American dish, and this recipe by Matt and Patrick is full of flavor, with juicy chicken and aromatic spices.
May 14, 2023
93% would make again
for 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon salt, plus more for water
- 6 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup long grain rice (200 g)
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- ½ yellow onion, finely chopped
- 8 oz tomato sauce (225 g), 1 can
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 2 cups hot water (480 mL)
- 6 oz peas (170 g), 1 can
- 6 oz carrot (170 g), 1 can
- Calories 466
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 18g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 51g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the chicken thighs to a large pot, cover with water, and season with salt. Boil the chicken for 40 minutes, or until cooked through. Drain.
- Shred the chicken from the bones and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat, then add the rice and continually stir until the rice turns a light brown.
- Add the garlic, onion, and salt. Stir the rice until it turns golden.
- Add the tomato sauce, bouillon cubes and hot water. Increase the heat to medium-high.
- Cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until the rice is cooked and has absorbed the liquid. Check occasionally to make sure the rice is not drying out too quickly.
- Mix in the shredded chicken, peas, and carrots.
- Remove the rice from the heat and fluff with fork.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.