87% would make again
Blueberry French Toast Boat
featured in Bread Boats 4 Ways
for 5 servings
- 4 oz cream cheese (110 g), softened
- ¼ cup sugar (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream (120 mL)
- 14 oz french bread (395 g), 1 loaf
- 1 cup blueberry (100 g)
- maple syrup, to dip
- Calories 495
- Fat 24g
- Carbs 55g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 15g
- Protein 17g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a bowl, combine softened cream cheese, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add eggs and heavy cream and whisk until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut a rectangle along the top of the loaf of french bread and pull out the part you cut along with the soft inside of the loaf. Set the “bread boat” aside.
- Tear apart the rectangle and soft inside of the bread that you removed into little bite-size pieces.
- Gently, fold the bread pieces and blueberries into the egg mixture until all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Place the “bread boat” on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and pour in the bread and egg mixture.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown. If the top is browning too quickly, cover the top of the boat in foil for the remaining time.
- Let cool before cutting into slices and serve with maple syrup.