85% would make again
featured in 9 Mind-Blowing Party Food Rolls
for 7 servings
- 10 oz chorizo (285 g)
- 4 eggs, or 8 egg whites
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- ½ cup onion (75 g), diced
- 1 cup bell pepper (100 g), diced
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tube biscuit dough
- 1 egg wash
- flour, for dusting
- Calories 567
- Fat 37g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 23g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add the onion and stir until translucent. Add the chorizo.
- NOTE: You don’t need to use more salt since chorizo has enough salt.
- Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the bell peppers and stir.
- Beat the eggs until the yolks break and add them to the chorizo mix.
- Stir until the eggs are just cooked.
- Preheat oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Flour a surface and open a tube of biscuits. Place them close to each other. Roll them out with a rolling pin to create one single dough.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese over the rolled biscuit dough. Add the chorizo and eggs. Roll it up and pinch the edge to seal it to the roll.
- Brush the roll with egg wash.
- Using scissors, make slits in the dough about 2 inches (5 cm) apart from each other. Then twist them to alternating sides to create a braided look.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.