for 2 servings
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb hot italian sausage (455 g)
- 1 lb pizza dough (455 g)
- 4 slices deli ham
- 6 slices salami
- 3 slices provolone cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup marinara sauce (260 g), optional
- Calories 1616
- Fat 87g
- Carbs 139g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 66g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Heat olive oil in a pan and add sliced peppers and onions.
- Stir and add Italian seasoning and garlic. Cook until peppers and onions are soft and set aside to cool.
- In the same pan, brown the sausage until it’s fully cooked and remove from heat to cool.
- Roll out pizza dough into an oval about 14 inches (35 cm) wide and about 8 inches (20 cm) long. Place rolled-out dough on a piece of parchment paper.
- Along the center of the dough, layer the sausage, peppers, ham, salami, provolone, and mozzarella.
- Fold the longer sides in first, one at a time, and pinch the edges to seal.
- Cut off any excess dough and pinch together.
- Flip it over and apply an egg wash to the outside of the dough.
- Carefully, make two to three inch slits on the top for ventilation.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until golden (times & temperatures may vary depending on the oven).
- Cut into 2 inch (5 cm) pieces & serve with marinara sauce for dipping.
- Ready for a smarter way to find recipes? Use Botatouille, our AI-powered food genius in the Tasty app. Download here