for 5 servings
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 lb ground beef (455 g)
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 lb pizza dough (455 g), rolled out into a rectangle
- 1 cup mexican cheese blend (100 g)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salsa, for dipping
- guacamole, for dipping
- Calories 618
- Fat 30g
- Carbs 47g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Sauté onions and garlic until transparent. Add the ground beef and taco seasoning. Cook until browned. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- On a floured surface, cut the pizza dough into 5 strips and place spoonfuls of the beef mixture into the middle of each strip, followed by the Mexican cheese blend.
- Fold and pinch the dough around the cheese and meat along the entire strip, ensuring to close off the ends.
- Brush each breadstick with olive oil and transfer to a baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top each breadstick with more cheese.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.