White Pizza Dip
featured in 5 Dips for Your Next Party
This creamy, cheesy, garlicky dip is baked inside a ring of pillowy pizza dough knots. Enjoy on game day or when gathering with friends and family.
August 18, 2023
94% would make again
Under 30 minutes
Under 30 minutes
for 12 knots
- pizza dough
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g), softened
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese (55 g)
- ½ cup whole milk ricotta cheese (125 g)
- ¼ cup fresh basil (10 g), chopped
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped and divided
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup butter (115 g), melted
- ¼ cup fresh parsley (10 g), chopped
- Divide pizza dough into 12-14 equal sized balls. With floured hands, roll the dough balls into logs and tie into individual knots, tucking the excess underneath.
- Coat a 10 inch (25 cm) oven-safe skillet with olive oil.
- Place the knots in a ring around the skillet. Cover with plastic wrap and let rest for 30 minutes, allowing the dough to reach room temperature.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, ricotta, fresh basil, 3 cloves of garlic (chopped), and red pepper flakes.
- Melt the butter and add the fresh parsley and remaining garlic. Stir well.
- Uncover the knots and scoop the dip into the center of the skillet. Brush the knots with the butter/garlic mixture (reserving some for after baking), and top the dip with an additional sprinkle of cheese (optional).
- Bake in a preheated oven to 400˚F (200˚C) for 20 minutes. Broil on high for two additional minutes or until knots and cheese are lightly browned, watching closely so as not to burn it.
- Remove from oven and brush lightly with additional garlic butter.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.