Buttercream Frosting For Decorations
featured in Frosting Tips For Pretty Cupcakes
This buttercream recipe is perfect for making beautiful decorations for cakes, cupcakes, and even cookies. It works especially well for piping flowers. Give it a try and impress your friends!
June 09, 2019
90% would make again
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
for 3 cups
- 1 cup unsalted butter (225 g)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 5 cups powdered sugar (600 g), sifted
- In a large bowl, use an electric hand mixer to cream butter until smooth, but not airy. Add milk, vanilla and salt and mix to incorporate.
- Sift powdered sugar over the butter mixture. Mix until incorporated and smooth. Do not overmix, to avoid air pockets in your frosting.
- Divide the frosting and add gel food coloring as desired.
- Use a piping bag fitted with desired tip to pipe flowers onto parchment paper. Freeze the flowers for at least 20 minutes.
- Use a knife to lift frozen flowers from parchment and onto a frosted cake. Arrange as desired.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.