96% would make again
Caprese Spaghetti Squash
featured in Spaghetti Squash 4 Ways
Inspired by cooknourishbliss.com
for 2 servings
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 8 oz mini mozzarella ball (225 g)
- fresh basil, to garnish
- Calories 646
- Fat 46g
- Carbs 33g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 28g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- With a sharp knife, slice the squash in half. If the squash is too tough, puncture in several places forming a dotted line around the squash. Microwave for 3-5 minutes to soften. Allow to cool before cutting in half.
- Scoop out the seeds, brush with oil, and sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a fork can easily pierce the skin.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the oil, garlic, and onions, and sautè until onions are translucent.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, salt, and pepper and simmer until they are cooked and begin to become softened.
- Remove squash from the oven, with a fork pull at the edges to produce that stringy “spaghetti” quality. Add the squash to the tomato mixture and mix in the pan.
- Add mixture back to the hollowed out spaghetti squash halves. Top with mini mozzarella balls ans basil.
- Bake an additional 5-10 minutes, or until cheese melts.
- Serve in the squash, and top with basil.