92% would make again
Caramel Banana Crepes
featured in Crepes 4 Ways
for 2 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup butter (60 g), melted
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk (700 mL)
- ½ cup butter (115 g)
- 1 cup brown sugar (220 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 bananas, sliced
- whipped cream, as desired
- caramel sauce, as desired
- In a large bowl, combine flour, eggs, butter, and sugar, stirring until ingredients are slightly mixed.
- Add the milk ½ cup (120 ml) at a time, stirring vigorously, making sure the milk is completely incorporated into the batter and that the batter is smooth before adding more milk.
- Repeat with the rest of the milk. The batter should be very liquidy and have no lumps.
- In a pan over medium heat, pour ⅓ cup (95 grams) of the batter in the center and swirl the batter around the edges of the pan until set.
- To know when the crepe is ready to flip, lift up one of the edges about ⅓ of the way. The bottom side should be golden brown. Flip the crepe.
- Cook until the edges are starting to slightly crisp.
- Remove from heat and cover with a paper towel to make sure the crepes stay moist.
- In a pan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar and butter until slightly bubbling.
- Add the cinnamon and bananas, stirring until bananas are evenly coated with the caramel.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Spread half of the banana mixture on half of one crepe.
- Fold the other half of the crepe on top of the bananas, then fold the crepe in half.
- Repeat with the other crepe.
- Serve with whipped cream and a drizzle of caramel sauce.