83% would make again
Fluffy Chocolate Lava Pancakes
featured in 4 Pancake Recipes For The Perfect Breakfast
Inspired by kingarthurflour.com
for 4 servings
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL), hot
- 1 cup dark chocolate (170 g)
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups milk (360 mL)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (250 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg whites
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
- fresh berry
- Calories 950
- Fat 62g
- Carbs 86g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugar 26g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Add the dark chocolate into the heated heavy cream. Mix both together until the chocolate fully melts forming a chocolate ganache.
- Pour the ganache into mason jar lid rings that are laying on a parchment paper-lined sheet tray. Freeze the chocolate ganache for at least 15 minutes to firm up.
- In a large bowl, add the egg yolks, sugar, and melted butter, whisk until smooth. Add in the milk, whisk again. Then sift in the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet until as smooth as possible. Small lumps are perfectly fine.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form and then fold them into the pancake batter until just combined.
- In a small skillet, melt butter until bubbling and then add your pancake batter. Take chocolate ganache disc straight from the freezer and place on top of the batter and press in down to the center. Put another layer of batter over the top.
- Cover the skillet with a lid and let the pancakes cook on low heat for 20-30 minutes or until the top has full set. Then flip the pancake and cook the other side for 2 minutes on medium heat to color the other side.
- Serve with butter, maple syrup, powdered sugar, or berries (optional).