85% would make again
Carrot Cake Oatmeal
featured in 5 Amazing And Simple Snacks For Carrot Lovers
Start your day with a delightful twist on a classic dessert! This Carrot Cake Oatmeal recipe is a scrumptious and nutritious way to enjoy the flavors of your favorite cake in a cozy, warm bowl.
May 05, 2023
for 1 serving
- ½ cup carrot (55 g), from 1 small, peeled carrot
- ⅓ cup rolled oats (35 g)
- 1 tablespoon raisin
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk (240 mL), divided
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 10 raw almonds, chopped, men: 20 almonds
- ½ cup 2% greek yogurt (140 g), plain, for garnish
- Calories 456
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 71g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 31g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Stir together rolled oats, grated carrot, raisins, and ½ of the almond milk.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge overnight. (If you’re following the Clean Eating Challenge, you already did this!)
- Combine the carrot-oat mixture, the remaining ½ of the almond milk, honey, vanilla, and cinnamon in a small pot over medium heat.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is thick and the oats are cooked, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately, with almonds and Greek yogurt on top.