74% would make again
featured in Edible Spoons
Inspired by tasty.co
for 12 spoons
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (200 g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Calories 156
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 9g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 325˚F (160˚C).
- Using an electric hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cheese, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- Once combined, mix in the flour and add the ice water one tablespoon at a time. The dough should hold together when pressed but crumble apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- Divide the dough in half and pack together into 2 discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to ¼ inch (6 mm) thick, pinching together the cracks on the edges.
- Trace and cut out 6 spoon shapes from each disc of dough.
- Place the cut-out cheese spoons on top of greased, upside-down spoons on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Lightly press down to mold the dough to each spoon’s shape.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve with layered taco dip, if desired.