93% would make again
Homemade Cheese Crackers
featured in Children's Snacks to Pack for Traveling
Inspired by happysimpleliving.com
for 6 servings
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese (225 g)
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour (125 g)
- 2 tablespoons ice water
- Calories 305
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 11g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 350˚F (180˚C).
- Using a hand mixer or standing mixer, combine cheese, butter, and salt in a large bowl.
- Once combined, mix in the flour and add the ice water one tablespoon at a time.
- The dough should hold together but crumble apart if you break it up in your hand. If it seems too dry, add a little more ice water.
- Separate dough into two halves and pack together into discs. Wrap in parchment paper and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Roll out dough to ⅛ of an inch (½ cm), pinching the cracks on the ends.
- Cut into 1 inch x 1 inch (2 ½ x 2 ½ cm) squares and pierce a hole in the middle of each square for ventilation during baking.
- Place the separated crackers on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 13 minutes, or until golden brown.