This Cherry Clafoutis is a delightful and classic dessert that is perfect for any occasion. The custardy and slightly sweet base is studded with juicy and tangy cherries, making for a perfectly balanced and delicious treat.
for 8 servings
- 15 cherries
- ⅔ cup all purpose flour (85 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half & half (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 211
- Fat 10g
- Carbs 25g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 11g
- Protein 4g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Pit the cherries by placing them on top of an empty glass bottle, one at a time. Using a chopstick, push through the cherry to remove the pit. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the flour, sugar, and salt. Add the eggs and stir well to combine. Add the half-and-half and vanilla and whisk until smooth.
- Melt the butter in an 8-inch (20 cm) cast-iron skillet over medium heat. Once the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat.
- Spread the cherries evenly in the pan. Pour the batter over the cherries.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until the clafoutis is golden brown and firm to the touch.
- Dust the powdered sugar on top.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.