Chicken Bruschetta Pasta (Savoury)
This flavorful and easy recipe is a must-try for any pasta lover. The tender chicken is cooked to perfection and paired with a fresh and zesty tomato bruschetta sauce, while the pasta adds a hearty and comforting element to the dish.
for 6 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast (455 g), cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 package Tasty™ Savoury Seasoning Mix, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 4 cups chicken stock (960 mL)
- 1 cup cherry tomato (200 g), halved, 1 (14.5 ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 8 oz pasta (225 g), uncooked, such as penne, fusilli or bow-tie
- 1 cup bite-size mozzarella cheese balls (100 g), or shredded mozzarella
- Calories 344
- Fat 13g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 36g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the oil in large high sided skillet over medium-high heat. Add the cubed chicken and 1 tablespoon of the seasoning mix. Cook, stirring often for 5 minutes or until browned and fully cooked. Remove chicken from the pan and transfer to a large bowl. Set aside.
- Add the onion to the skillet and cook for 3 minutes or until softened and translucent.
- Add the stock, tomatoes and remaining seasoning mix to the skillet, bring to boil and stir to release browned bits from bottom of skillet. Stir in the uncooked pasta and cook for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until the pasta is fully cooked.
- Return the chicken to skillet. Stir in the mozzarella and cook for 2 minutes or until thel chicken is heated through. Sprinkle with chopped basil if desired and serve immediately.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.