Chicken Curry Fries
These chicken curry fries are the ultimate fusion dish, combining the classic comfort food of fries with the bold and spicy flavors of curry. Crispy and savory, these fries are topped with tender chunks of chicken and a zesty yogurt sauce for a mouthwatering snack or meal.
for 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- ½ cup greek yogurt (120 g)
- 3 cups french fries (300 g)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
Chicken Stock Cornstarch Slurry
- ½ cup chicken stock (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Calories 912
- Fat 36g
- Carbs 107g
- Fiber 14g
- Sugar 23g
- Protein 45g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice chicken breast into strips.
- Add the curry powder, oil, pepper, and salt to the prepared chicken. Rub in the dry ingredients and make sure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until partially done. Remove from skillet and place in a clean bowl.
- Add onions, ginger, and garlic to skillet. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced tomato, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock.
- Return the partially cooked chicken. Stir and cook until chicken is done.
- Stir in the chicken stock cornstarch slurry. Cook until the curry has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), place french fries on baking sheet, bake for 18 minutes (either from scratch or frozen).
- Pour chicken curry over french fries, garnish with cilantro, as desired.
- Your favorite recipes are just a click away. Download the Tasty app to save and organize your favorites.