94% would make again
Chicken Curry Fries
featured in 10 Dishes With An Indian Twist
for 2 servings
- 1 chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 tablespoon oil
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 cup onion (150 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup tomato (200 g), diced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chicken stock (240 mL)
- ½ cup greek yogurt (120 g)
- 3 cups french fries (300 g)
- fresh cilantro, for garnish
Chicken Stock Cornstarch Slurry
- ½ cup chicken stock (120 mL)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Calories 1451
- Fat 76g
- Carbs 146g
- Fiber 15g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 40g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Slice chicken breast into strips.
- Add the curry powder, oil, pepper, and salt to the prepared chicken. Rub in the dry ingredients and make sure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the chicken and cook until partially done. Remove from skillet and place in a clean bowl.
- Add onions, ginger, and garlic to skillet. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Add the diced tomato, curry powder, cayenne pepper, and chicken stock.
- Return the partially cooked chicken. Stir and cook until chicken is done.
- Stir in the chicken stock cornstarch slurry. Cook until the curry has thickened.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the Greek yogurt.
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C), place french fries on baking sheet, bake for 18 minutes (either from scratch or frozen).
- Pour chicken curry over french fries, garnish with cilantro, as desired.