Chocolate Bar Cookie Pie
Please all of your guests with this delicious dessert that has a little something for everyone! Made with a variety of Great Value™ Milk Chocolate bars and brown butter, and finished with flaky salt, this is a perfectly balanced sweet treat.
for 8 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 standard-sized ice cube, about 2 tablespoons frozen water
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- ½ cup dark brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons
- 1 ½ cups chopped Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Cookie & Caramel Bars, divided
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- flaky sea salt
- buttercream frosting
- Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Cookie & Caramel Bar, chopped
- Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Peanut, Caramel & Nougat Bar, chopped
- Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Caramel & Nougat Bar, chopped
- Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Fluffy Nougat Bar, chopped
- Great Value Milk Chocolate Crispy Wafers Bar, chopped
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9- or 10-inch round cake pan and line with parchment paper.
- Melt the butter in a 2-quart heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until all of the water has cooked out and the solids are browned and smell toasty, 4–6 minutes. Immediately remove the pot from the heat and stir in the ice cube until melted, then transfer the browned butter to a medium bowl and let cool in the refrigerator until it turns opaque and is firm around the edges, about 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large bowl, combine the eggs, granulated sugar, and vanilla and mix with an electric hand mixer on medium speed until fully incorporated, about 2 minutes. Add the brown sugar and cooled browned butter and mix for an additional minute, until combined.
- Add the flour mixture and fold with a rubber spatula until fully incorporated.
- Add 1 cup of the Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Cookie & Caramel Bar pieces and the chocolate chips and stir with a rubber spatula until evenly distributed.
- Press the cookie dough into the prepared baking pan. Press the remaining ½ cup of Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Cookie & Caramel Bar into the surface of the dough. Sprinkle the cookie with flaky sea salt.
- Bake the cookie pie for 25–30 minutes, or until the center is just set. Remove from the oven and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Once cooled, use the parchment to lift the cookie pie from the tin and transfer to a plate or serving platter.
- Pipe a border of buttercream frosting around the edge of the cookie pie. Decorate with the chopped Great Value™ Milk Chocolate Cookie & Caramel, Peanut, Caramel & Nougat, Fluffy Nougat, and Crispy Wafer Bars.