91% would make again
Salted Caramel Coconut Cookies
featured in Five Holiday Cookies To Give Out As Gifts
Inspired by foodnetwork.com
for 18 cookies
- 6 oz sliced almond (55 g)
- 6 oz sweetened coconut flakes (170 g), divided
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour (190 g)
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz caramel candy (115 g)
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- flaky sea salt, for sprinkling
- ½ cup chocolate ganache (120 mL), for drizzling
Nutrition InfoPowered by
- Calories 240
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 24g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 14g
- Protein 3g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 300˚F (150˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add the sliced almonds and 3 ounces of the coconut flakes to the prepared baking sheet and toast for 15 minutes, or until golden and fragrant.
- Increase the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add the toasted coconut and half of the toasted almonds to a food processor and process until broken down into fine crumbs.
- Add the flour and salt, and process until combined.
- In a medium bowl, combine the butter, sugar, and vanilla, and beat with an electric hand mixer until fully combined and the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the egg and beat to incorporate.
- Fold in the flour mixture with a rubber spatula until no dry spots remain.
- Divide the dough into 18 equal balls and arrange 9 on each baking sheet.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke a hole in the center of each dough ball.
- Chill the dough balls for 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the reserved toasted almonds with the remaining 3 ounces of coconut flakes. Mix with a fork to combine.
- Roll the chilled dough balls in the almond coconut mixture to coat the outside.
- Bake the cookies for 12 minutes, or until set. Let cool completely.
- In a small pot over low heat, combine the caramel candies and heavy cream. Cook, stirring frequently, until melted. Remove from the heat.
- Fill the centers of each cookie with the caramel mixture.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over the cookies, then sprinkle with flaky sea salt.