87% would make again
Giant Cookie Ice Cream Sandwich
featured in Giant Food
for 8 servings
- 2 cups brown sugar (440 g)
- 2 cups white sugar (400 g)
- 2 cups butter (455 g), melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 cups flour (625 g)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (700 g)
- 5 cups vanilla ice cream (550 g), slightly softened
- mini chocolate chip
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the brown sugar, white sugar, and melted butter.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and salt, and mix together until just combined. Add in the chocolate chips and mix again.
- Spay two round pans with nonstick cooking spray and separate the cookie dough into each pan. Pat down the dough with a spatula until the surface is even, and bake for 35 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the cookies are baking, place plastic wrap in a springform pan. Pour softened vanilla ice cream into the springform pan and spread evenly. Freeze until solid, about 1 hour.
- Once the cookies have baked and cooled, turn them over onto a tray.
- Place the ice cream disk on top of one half and cover with the other half.
- With your hand press the mini chocolate chips to the outside of the cookie. Freeze again until solid.