Chorizo & Potato Breakfast Burritos
Who doesn’t love a breakfast burrito stuffed with potatoes? Try this easy and extremely flavorful breakfast burrito recipe that uses McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning to sprinkle on hash browns for that irresistible crispy crunch.
for 2 servings
- 2 ½ cups shredded hash brown potatoes (390 g)
- 3 tablespoons McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning, plus 1 teaspoon, divided
- 7 tablespoons neutral oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup canned black beans (75 g), drained and rinsed
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 2 burrito-size flour tortillas, warmed
- ½ cup cooked crumbled chorizo (110 g), divided
- ½ cup sour cream (120 g)
- 1 lime, zested
- 1 lime, juiced
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- In a large bowl, toss the shredded hash brown potatoes with 3 tablespoons of the McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning until well-distributed.
- Heat 6 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat until shimmering. Spread the hash browns in an even, flat layer in the pan and cook until crispy, about 5 minutes. Toss and continue cooking until all of the potatoes have crisped up, 3–5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the black beans: Heat ½ tablespoon of oil in a small skillet over medium-low heat until shimmering. Add the black beans, remaining teaspoon of McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste and cook until the black beans are warmed through.
- Make the scrambled eggs: Heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of oil in a small nonstick skillet over medium heat. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook until scrambled, about 3 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make the lime crema: In a small bowl, whisk together the sour cream, lime zest, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Assemble the burritos: Lay a tortilla on a flat surface, then add half of the hash browns, black beans, eggs, and chorizo and a generous drizzle of the crema to the center. Fold in the sides of the tortilla, then roll to encase the filling. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second burrito.
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the burritos to the pan, starting with the seam side down, and sear until golden brown, about 1 minute on each side.
- Serve warm.