96% would make again
featured in 10 Easy And Fancy Dinner Recipes
Spice up your dinner with this Tex-Mex-inspired dish. Juicy chicken breasts are stuffed with peppers, onions, and cheese, then topped with a homemade salsa for a dish that's bursting with flavor.
May 05, 2023
for 3 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, for veggies
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese (110 g)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- ½ cup pepper jack cheese (50 g), diced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, for chicken
- salsa, for serving
- sour cream, for serving
- guacamole, for serving
- Calories 801
- Fat 52g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 20g
- Sugar 10g
- Protein 61g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat the canola oil (for the veggies) in a pan over high heat. Cook the peppers, onion, salt, and pepper until soft and slightly caramelized.
- Transfer the cooked veggies to a bowl. In the same bowl, mix in the cream cheese, cheddar, and pepper jack, stirring until evenly incorporated. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chicken with the salt, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder, evenly distributing the spices over the chicken.
- On a cutting board, slice a pocket in the chicken horizontally.
- Fill the pocket with a heaping spoonful of the veggie mixture. Press the edges of the chicken together to seal in the filling. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Heat the canola oil in a pan over medium heat. Cook the stuffed chicken for five minutes on each side, until cheese is melted and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve with salsa, sour cream, and guacamole!