If you’re looking to save money on store-bought dairy-free yogurt, give these homemade versions a try! With gut-healthy probiotics and a delicious tang, you won’t believe how easy these are to make.
12 hr 5 min
12 hr 5 min
for 4 servings
- 1 can full-fat coconut milk
- 2 vegan probiotic capsules, minimum 50 billion CFUs
- mix in of choice
- Calories 197
- Fat 21g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Transfer the coconut milk to a clean 16-ounce (455 G) glass jar. 1 at a time, open the probiotic capsules and pour the powder into the coconut milk, stirring well with a non-metal utensil after each addition to evenly distribute.
- Loosely cover the jar with cheesecloth and secure with a rubber band or kitchen twine. Leave the yogurt to ferment in a cool, dark place for at least 12 hours, up to 24 hours. The longer it ferments, the tangier the yogurt will be.
- Stir in any mix-ins of your choosing.
- Transfer the yogurt to the refrigerator to cool completely, about 2 hours. Store in the fridge for up to 1 week.
- Cook smarter, not harder. Use our AI chef Botatouille on the Tasty app. Download now.