Cubano Panini Sandwich
Packed with layers of juicy ham, savory pulled pork, tangy pickles, and melty Swiss cheese, this sandwich is a mouthwatering explosion of flavor in every bite. Toasted to perfection, this sandwich is perfect for any time of day and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
for 6 servings
- 1 loaf french bread, 16 in (40 cm) long 5 in (12 cm) wide
- ¼ cup yellow mustard (60 g)
- 10 slices swiss cheese
- 2 dill pickles, sliced lengthwise
- 10 slices honey ham
- 1 ½ cups pulled pork (225 g)
- Calories 261
- Fat 5g
- Carbs 39g
- Fiber 13g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 12g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Heat a grill or campfire to medium heat
- Slice the French loaf almost all the way in half lengthwise, leaving a long side still attached like a hot dog bun.
- Open the bread and spread mustard liberally on both sides. Lay the Swiss cheese slices on both sides of the bread. Lay the pickles over the Swiss slices on the bottom half of the bread. Layer the ham slices and pulled pork over the pickles, then gently lift the top side of the bread to close the sandwich. Double wrap the sandwich in aluminum foil.
- Set the sandwich on the grill over medium heat. Place a cast-iron or other heavy skillet on top to press down. Cook the sandwich for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 5 minutes more, until the outside of the bread is crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Let sandwich cool for a few minutes before carefully unwrapping. Slice and serve.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.