98% would make again
Easy Chicken Piccata
June 10, 2019
for 2 servings
- 1 large, boneless, skinless chicken breast
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- flour, as needed
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chicken broth (120 mL)
- 1 lemon, Juiced
- 2 tablespoons caper
- Calories 287
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 2g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 24g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Butterfly the chicken breast and pound it thin. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Dredge each piece in flour, shaking off the excess.
- In a skillet over high heat, melt three Tbsp. butter, and brown the chicken, the browner and crispier the better, 3–5 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken from the skillet, and, in the same pan, add chicken stock, lemon, and capers.
- Boil until the sauce reduces by ⅓, and return the chicken to the skillet.
- Spoon sauce over the chicken several times.
- Serve immediately, with the remaining sauce poured over the chicken.