Flourless Dark Chocolate Orange Cake
Indulge in this heavenly Flourless Dark Chocolate Orange Cake that's bursting with rich, velvety flavors. A perfect gluten-free treat that combines the irresistible duo of dark chocolate and zesty orange for a truly delightful dessert experience.
for 8 servings
- 8 oz dark chocolate (225 g), cut into chunks
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons orange zest
- 6 egg whites
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
Orange Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy cream (240 mL)
- 1 teaspoon orange extract
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- Calories 493
- Fat 38g
- Carbs 29g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 27g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 275°F (135°C) and grease a 9-inch (23 cm) springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the chocolate and butter. Melt in the microwave at 15-second intervals. Stir often and make sure the chocolate doesn't burn, then set aside to cool for a few minutes
- Add the egg yolks and the orange zest to the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
- In a separate mixing bowl, beat the egg whites on high speed with an electric mixer until very white and foamy. Gradually add the sugar. Continue beating on high speed until soft peaks form.
- Gently fold ¼ of the egg white mixture to the chocolate mixture. Gently fold in the remaining egg white mixture. Be careful not to deflate the eggs. Stir until fully combined. Some streaks are fine.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until the sides of the cake gently pull away from the pan.
- For the orange whipped cream, beat together heavy cream, orange extract, and sugar.
- Top with whipped cream and garnish with orange zest.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.