84% would make again
Crack open these delightful fortune cookies and reveal a personalized message inside! This easy-to-follow recipe will have you impressing your friends and family with your baking skills in no time.
May 05, 2023
for 10 servings
- 2 large egg whites
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup all purpose flour (60 g)
- ½ cup sugar (100 g)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons water
- Calories 71
- Fat 1g
- Carbs 12g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425˚F (220˚C).
- Add the egg whites and vanilla extract to a medium bowl and use a whisk or hand mixer to beat until frothy, about 1 minute.
- Sift in the flour, sugar, and salt through a fine-mesh sieve.
- Using a spatula, gently incorporate into the batter until paste-like.
- Add the water, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the batter is smooth and falls into ribbons when the spatula is picked up.
- Place 1 tablespoon of batter onto a silpat-lined baking sheet and spread into a 3-inch (7-cm) circle.
- Repeat with another tablespoon of batter, making sure to only leave two circles on the silpat.
- Bake for 8 minutes, until the edges become golden brown.
- Working quickly, use a spatula to remove the cookies from the pan. Add a fortune in the middle, fold the cookies in half, then place the flat side on the lip of a cup, folding the edges down into a fortune cookie shape. Place the folded fortune cookies in a mini muffin tin until cooled to retain their shape.
- Repeat with remaining batter.