90% would make again
Freezer-Prep Breakfast Burritos
featured in Meal Prep Breakfast For The Week
Inspired by damndelicious.net
for 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz tofu (395 g), broken up
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast (35 g)
- ¼ cup vegetable stock (60 mL)
- hot sauce, optional
- onion, diced and cooked
- fresh spinach, cooked
- tomato, sliced and cooked
- black bean, optional
- bell pepper, chopped and cooked
- mushroom, chopped and cooked
- plant based meat alternative, cooked
- pinto bean
- potato, chopped and cooked
- sweet potato, chopped and cooked
- 2 cups corn (350 g)
- Calories 128
- Fat 6g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 7g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a medium pan, add oil and garlic and cook until garlic is lightly browned. Add tofu by pulling pieces off to produce the full “scramble” effect.
- Add the turmeric, paprika, red pepper flakes, and nutritional yeast and stir to combine.
- Add the vegetable stock and cook until absorbed in the tofu.
- Drizzle with hot sauce if you desire.
- Spoon some of the scramble in the center of a tortilla and add any fillings you would like.
- NOTE: Leave plenty of room on the ends otherwise food will spill out once it's folded up.
- Fold the left and right sides of the tortilla in toward the center, then roll the bottom (the end nearest you) up towards the top.
- Dampen a paper towel and wrap it around the burrito, mimicking the fold of the burrito itself. Do the same with parchment paper.
- Place your burritos in a plastic bag and freeze until breakfast.
- NOTE: Save for up to 1 month.
- When you are ready to eat, take one of the burritos out, remove parchment paper and microwave burrito (still in paper towel) in the microwave for 3 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute.