Grilled Honey Chipotle Wings
featured in Fun Summer Grilling Recipes
Fire up the grill and get ready to feast on these grilled honey chipotle wings. Sticky, spicy, and oh-so-delicious, they have just the right amount of kick to satisfy your cravings.
May 04, 2023
93% would make again
for 8 servings
- 4 lb chicken wings and drumettes (2 kg)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups chipotle peppers in adobo (300 g)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- Calories 518
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pat the chicken dry and place in a large bowl or plastic bag. Toss with the cornstarch, garlic powder, and 1 teaspoon of salt until well coated.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a wire rack set over a baking sheet and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or up to overnight.
- In a food processor or blender, combine chipotles, lime juice, honey, and the remaining salt. Purée until smooth.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Grill the wings until just starting to brown on the underside, about 5 minutes, then flip and repeat.
- Using a basting brush, coat the top side of the wings with chipotle sauce. Flip and cook until exterior just starts to char. Baste the other side, flip and repeat.
- Remove wings from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve with your preferred garnish and dipping sauce.
- Busy? Plan your meals for the week using our exclusive meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download now and get organized.