95% would make again
Grilled Honey Chipotle Wings
featured in Fun Summer Grilling Recipes
for 8 servings
- 4 lb chicken wing and drumette (2 kg)
- ¼ cup cornstarch (30 g)
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 ½ cups chipotle peppers in adobo (300 g)
- ¼ cup lime juice (60 mL)
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- Calories 518
- Fat 35g
- Carbs 17g
- Fiber 0g
- Sugar 12g
- Protein 34g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Pat dry chicken and place in a large mixing bowl or plastic bag. Toss with cornstarch, garlic powder, and one teaspoon of kosher salt.
- Place chicken in a single layer on a cookie sheet or wire rack and refrigerate for at least an hour, up to overnight.
- In a food processor or blender, combine chipotles, lime juice, honey, and the remaining salt. Puree until smooth. Set aside until ready to grill.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Grill wings until just starting to brown on the underside, about 5 minutes, then flip and repeat.
- Using a basting brush, coat the top side of the wings with chipotle puree. Flip and cook until exterior just starts to char. Baste the other side, flip and repeat.
- Remove wings from heat and let cool for at least 5 minutes. Serve with your preferred garnish and dipping sauce.