79% would make again
Kahk Eid Cookies
featured in 31 Cookie Recipes
for 24 servings
- 3 cups all purpose flour (375 g)
- 3 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 cup ghee (220 g), room temperature
- ⅓ cup warm water (80 mL)
Pistachio Honey Filling
- 1 tablespoon ghee, or butter
- 1 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon sesame seed
- ¼ cup honey (85 g)
- ½ cup pistachio (50 g), coarsely ground
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- Calories 218
- Fat 14g
- Carbs 19g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 2g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sesame seeds, sugar, cinnamon, yeast, and salt. Stir with a fork, then add the ghee and warm water and beat with an electric hand mixer until a soft, pliable dough forms.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, make the pistachio honey filling: In a small pot over medium heat, melt the ghee, then add the flour and stir until golden brown.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the sesame seeds and honey, and stir until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pot from the heat, add the pistachios, and mix well to incorporate.
- Let the filling cool for 10 minutes, then form into 24 small balls.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the dough has rested, roll into 24 balls.
- Press a ball of the pistachio filling into the center of a dough ball, then wrap in the dough and roll again into a ball that completely encases the filling. Repeat with the remaining dough and filling. Arrange the cookies on the prepared baking sheet.
- Press the cookies lightly into a Mamoul tool, or make a crosshatch pattern using a fork.
- Bake the cookies for 18–20 minutes or until the bottoms are golden brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a wire rack.
- When ready to serve, dust the cookies with powdered sugar.