90% would make again
Lebanese Batata Maqlieh
featured in Fries Around the World
for 4 servings
- 1 cup garlic cloves (135 g), peeled
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (240 mL)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 lb french fries (455 g), cooked, hot
- fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish
- Calories 657
- Fat 56g
- Carbs 35g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 1g
- Protein 5g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the garlic sauce: Add the garlic and salt to a food processor and process until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- With the processor running, slowly pour in ½ cup (120 ml) of olive oil and continue to process until smooth and creamy. The mixture should begin to thicken as the oil emulsifies with the garlic.
- Pour in 2 tablespoons of lemon juice, while continuing to process, so that the lemon juice incorporates completely and the mixture does not separate.
- Add the remaining olive oil and 2 tablespoons lemon juice and process until very smooth. Transfer the sauce to a small bowl.
- Serve the fries with the garlic sauce and sprinkle with parsley.