90% would make again
Loaded Sweet Potato Skins
featured in Sweet Potato 4 Ways
for 6 servings
- 4 sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup milk (60 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (100 g)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (100 g)
- 2 roma tomatoes
- Calories 316
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 40g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 13g
- Protein 13g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF (200ºC).
- Take potatoes and poke them on all sides with a fork, then place on a parchment-lined baking tray
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until fork tender.
- Allow potatoes to cool, then cut off either end and cut in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out potato flesh leaving a thin layer of sweet potato inside, and add flesh to a medium bowl. Place skins back on baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake skins at 400˚F (200˚C) for 10 minutes.
- Mash sweet potato flesh with milk, salt, and pepper until smooth and creamy.
- Remove sweet potato skins from oven, fill each with an equal amount of potato mixture and top with cheese and diced tomatoes.
- Bake at 400˚F (200˚C) for 15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes.