97% would make again
Buffalo Chicken Potato Skins
featured in 5 Spicy Dishes That Will Make Your Mouth Water
These crispy potato skins are loaded with spicy buffalo chicken and melty blend of cheeses. Perfect for game day or a party appetizer, they're sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 4 russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (150 g)
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese (50 g)
- 6 oz cream cheese (170 g), softened
- 2 cups shredded chicken (250 g)
- 1 packet ranch seasoning
- ½ cup hot sauce (120 mL)
- chive, for garnish
- Calories 395
- Fat 20g
- Carbs 31g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 2g
- Protein 20g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Thoroughly wash the potatoes and dry them completely. Pierce the potatoes with a fork.
- Add the potatoes to a baking sheet and bake for 60-70 minutes, until soft.
- Remove from oven and allow the potatoes to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes in half, and carefully scoop out the inside of the potatoes leaving a thin border of potato on the sides.
- Brush the insides of the potato skins with the olive oil. Place the skins on the baking sheet, and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the skins from the oven, flip them over, and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, add the cheddar cheese, mozzarella, cream cheese, shredded chicken, ranch seasoning and hot sauce in a bowl, and gently mix them together.
- Fill each potato skin with the mixture, and then top each potato with reserved sharp cheddar cheese.
- Bake the potato skins for about 15 minutes, or until cheese is browned and crispy.
- Remove from oven and garnish with your favorite white dressing and chives (optional).