91% would make again
Loaded Hasselback Potatoes & Dip
featured in 5 Dips for Your Next Party
for 6 servings
- 4 large russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 wooden skewers
Bacon Cheddar Dip
- 16 oz cream cheese (450 g), room temperature
- 2 ½ cups shredded cheddar cheese (250 g)
- 1 cup sour cream (230 g)
- 1 cup green onion (100 g)
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- Calories 689
- Fat 49g
- Carbs 44g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 6g
- Protein 18g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400˚F (200˚C).
- Cut the potatoes widthwise about ⅛ inch (8 mm) apart, and ¼ inch (6 mm) from the bottom.
- Soak the potatoes in water for at least 15-20 minutes to remove some of the starch in the potatoes and to allow the cuts to open wider.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, 2 cups (200g) of cheddar, bacon, sour cream, and green onions.
- Once finished soaking, dry the potatoes off and place them around the inner rim of a larger cast-iron skillet.
- Heavily brush the potatoes with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the skillet in the oven for an hour, or until the potatoes are cooked through and crispy on the top.
- Once finished, fill the middle of the skillet with the bacon cheddar dip.
- Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Continue baking at 400˚F (200˚C) for 10-15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and golden brown .