Taco-Spiced Crispy Potato Skins
The only seasoning you’ll need to get these potato skins in your hands is the McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning. Melty cheese, sour cream, and avocado take these poppable bites to the next level.
for 4 servings
- 8 medium russet potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup neutral oil, plus 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 lb 85% lean ground beef
- 1 oz McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning
- kosher salt, to taste
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- thinly sliced scallion
- small diced avocado
- Calories 1146
- Fat 51g
- Carbs 114g
- Fiber 10g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 53g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
This recipe isn’t available to shop.
Unfortunately, not all our recipes can be shopped through Tasty.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Using a fork, poke holes all along the top of the potatoes. Place on the prepared baking sheet and cover with foil. Bake for 50–60 minutes, or until tender enough to be pierced by a fork. Remove from the oven and let cool until safe to handle, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the ground beef. In a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of oil over medium heat until shimmering. Add the ground beef and the majority of the McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning (saving a teaspoon for garnish). Cook, stirring to crumble the meat, until three-quarters of the way cooked through, 6–8 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the insides, leaving about ¼ inch of the flesh in the potato around the edges.
- Brush the skins with remaining ¼ cup of oil and season with salt. Arrange the potatoes, cut-side down, on the same baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, or until light golden brown.
- Remove the pan from the oven and flip the potato skins cut-side up, then fill with the ground beef and top with cheddar cheese. Bake for another 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the potatoes are golden brown and crispy. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Garnish the potato skins with a dollop of sour cream, scallions, avocado, and sprinkle of the reserved McCormick® Original Taco Seasoning.