Pumpkin Chili Cheese Dip
This Pumpkin Chili Cheese Dip is the ultimate game day snack. The creamy, cheesy dip is loaded with ground beef and chili seasonings, all baked in a real pumpkin. It's perfect for dipping chips and veggies, and is guaranteed to impress your guests.
for 8 servings
- 3 lb pumpkin (1.5 kg)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ cup white onion (75 g), chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lb lean ground beef (225 g)
- 1 cup kidney bean (170 g)
- ½ cup canned diced tomato (100 g)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ cup water (120 mL)
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese (200 g), divided
- fresh chive, chopped, for garnish
- chip, for serving
- vegetable crudité, for serving
- Calories 466
- Fat 33g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 5g
- Protein 25g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut off the top third of pumpkin. Remove the pumpkin seeds and pulp (reserve the seeds for another use).
- Drizzle the inside of the pumpkin with 1 tablespoon of olive and sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- Place the pumpkin on the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until slightly softened.
- While the pumpkin is baking, make the chili: Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet with a lid over medium heat, until shimmering. Add the onion and garlic, and sauté for 2 minutes, until translucent.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, 7-10 minutes.
- Add the kidney beans, tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, cumin, and water, and stir to combine. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the cream cheese and 1 cup of Monterey Jack, and stir until incorporated. Remove from the heat.
- Once the pumpkin is done baking, remove from the oven and turn the oven to broil.
- Carefully pour the chili cheese dip into the pumpkin. Sprinkle the remaining cup of Monterey Jack cheese on top, all the way to the edge of the pumpkin.
- Return to the oven and broil for 2-4 minutes, until the cheese is golden brown. Watch carefully to make sure it doesn’t burn.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Using oven mitts or kitchen towels, carefully move the pumpkin to a serving platter.
- Top with chopped chives and serve with chips and crudités for dipping.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.