for 20 servings
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium jalapenoes, stemmed, seeded, and diced
- 1 lb chicken tender (455 g)
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- ½ teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon garlic
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 oz cream cheese (225 g)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese (110 g)
- 20 soft corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- shredded lettuce
- sour cream
- Calories 165
- Fat 8g
- Carbs 11g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 0g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and lightly grease with nonstick spray.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the jalapeños and cook for 30 seconds, until starting to soften. Add the chicken, thyme, seasoned salt, parsley, dill, garlic powder, onion powder, and pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and use an electric hand mixer on low speed or 2 forks to shred the chicken.
- Return the shredded chicken to the pan and turn the heat to low. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan and stir until melted. Remove the pan from the heat and set aside.
- Wrap the tortillas in a damp towel. Microwave for 45 seconds to soften.
- Add 1-2 tablespoons of filling to the center of a tortilla and roll the tortilla tightly around the filling. Place on the prepared baking sheet, seam-side down. Repeat with the remaining ingredients.
- Brush the melted butter over the taquitos.
- Bake the taquitos for 10 minutes, flip, then return to the oven for another 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
- Serve the taquitos with shredded lettuce, sour cream, and salsa.
- Meal planning made easy with the Tasty app. Download now to see exclusive curated meal plans.