English Breakfast Crunchwrap Supreme
@alexawhatsfordinner turned a Full English into a Crunchwrap Supreme as part of her quest to see how many dishes can be turned into a delicious crunchwrap! It was definitely interesting, and quite tasty 😎
for 1 serving
- 3 strips bacon
- 5 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ½ cup sliced baby bella mushrooms (75 g)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- nonstick cooking spray, for greasing
- 1 burrito-size tortilla
- ½ cup baked beans (130 g), cooked
- 1 tablespoon grated sharp white cheddar cheese
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 frozen hash brown, cooked
- 1 taco-size flour tortilla
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line 2 small baking sheets with foil.
- Arrange the bacon on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes, until crispy, but not burnt.
- Arrange the tomato halves on the other baking sheet and coat with ½ tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, then bake for about 15 minutes, until softened and slightly darkened.
- Heat another ½ tablespoon of olive oil in a small pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 5-7 minutes, until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper, then remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, ½ teaspoon salt, and some black pepper until foamy. Grease a small pan with nonstick spray and heat over medium heat. Pour in the eggs and cook, stirring occasionally, for about 5 minutes, until just set. Remove from the heat.
- Spoon the baked beans onto the center of the burrito-size tortilla, then top with the scrambled eggs, cheddar, scallion, bacon, hash brown, mushrooms, and tomatoes. Place the taco-size tortilla on top and gently press down. Fold the edges of the bottom tortilla up around the top tortilla, pleating until fully closed, then flip the wrap seam-side down.
- Heat the remaining tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Place the wrap in the pan, seam-side down, and cook for about 5 minutes per side, until golden brown.
- Cut in half down the middle and serve.
- Love this recipe? Download the Tasty app to save it and discover others like it.