Bloody Mary Burger
This bloody Mary-inspired burger features roasted tomato, vodka, and horseradish jam, black pepper candied bacon, and a spicy chicken patty. We brush store-bought burger buns with egg wash, sprinkle with celery seeds, and toast in the oven for a finishing touch. These are great for brunch, happy hour, dinner, or any meal in between!
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
1 hr 30 min
for 4 servings
Roasted Tomato Vodka Jam
- 1 lb tomato (425 g), stemmed and chopped
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 1 large serrano chile, seeded and minced
- 1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup vodka (80 mL)
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
Black Pepper Candied Bacon
- 8 slices thick cut bacon
- ¼ cup maple syrup (85 g)
- 1 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
Spicy Chicken Burgers
- 1 lb ground chicken (425 g)
- 2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 burger buns
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 4 cornichons
- 4 cherry tomatoes
- Calories 698
- Fat 29g
- Carbs 59g
- Fiber 9g
- Sugar 20g
- Protein 38g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Make the roasted tomato vodka jam: Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, toss together the tomatoes, onion, serrano, olive oil, and salt. Spread the mixture on a baking sheet and bake until the tomatoes begin to soften and brown, about 40 minutes.
- In a liquid measuring cup or small bowl, whisk together the vodka and horseradish.
- Remove the tomatoes from the oven, pour the vodka mixture over, and stir to combine. Return the tomatoes to the oven and continue cooking until the mixture has thickened, about 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool until ready to use. Leave the oven on.
- Make the black pepper candied bacon: Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Arrange the bacon in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Transfer to the oven and cook until the bacon strips begin to curl at the edges, about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the maple syrup and black pepper.
- Remove the bacon from the oven and brush with the black pepper syrup. Return to the oven and continue cooking until the bacon begins to crisp, about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool until ready to use. Leave the oven on.
- Make the spicy chicken burger: In a large bowl, combine the ground chicken, Worcestershire sauce, celery salt, and garlic powder. Use your hands to mix until just combined, then divide into 4 equal portions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. When the skillet is hot, add the olive oil. Use your hands to press each chicken portion into a thin patty, then add to the skillet, working in batches if needed to avoid overcrowding. Cook until the patties are golden on the bottoms and the edges are crispy, about 3 minutes, then flip and cook until golden brown on the other side, about 3 minutes more. Drizzle each patty with ¼ teaspoon hot sauce.
- Assemble the burgers: Place the intact burger buns on a baking sheet. Brush the top of each bun with the beaten egg and top with the celery seeds. Transfer to the oven and bake until the egg wash turns golden brown, about 5 minutes.
- Thread 1 cornichon and 1 cherry onto each of 4 toothpicks.
- Open the buns and spread 2 tablespoons of tomato jam on the bottom halves, then top with a chicken patty and 2 slices of candied bacon. Place the top bun on top and skewer each burger with a cornichon and tomato toothpick. Serve with a bloody mary.
- Don't just wing it -- plan it! Use our meal planner tool in the Tasty app. Download here.