95% would make again
Spinach & Sun-dried Tomato Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche
featured in Sweet Potato Breakfasts
for 8 servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- olive oil, drizzle
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk (350 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz jarred sun-dried tomato (115 g), drained
- 3 oz baby spinach (85 g), chopped
- 4 oz goat cheese (115 g)
- Calories 205
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 16g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 9g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Poke a few slits through the skin of the sweet potato with the tip of a knife, then microwave on high for 1 minute. Let cool.
- Cut off the ends of the sweet potato, then peel. Thinly slice the sweet potato into ⅛ inch (3 mm) thick slices.
- Add the sweet potato slices to a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in a 9-inch (23 cm) round baking dish, slightly overlapping so they cover the sides and bottom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are softened.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs, salt, and pepper. Add the milk, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes and whisk to combine.
- Spread the spinach over the sweet potato crust. Pour in the egg mixture. Top with goat cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 30 minutes, or until the center of the dish is set and no longer jiggles.
- Cool for 10 minutes before slicing.