95% would make again
Spinach & Sun-Dried Tomato Sweet Potato-Crusted Quiche
featured in Sweet Potato Breakfasts
Dive into this scrumptious Spinach Sun-Dried Tomato Sweet Potato Crusted Quiche that's perfect for brunch or a light dinner. With a delightful sweet potato crust and a savory filling, this dish is sure to impress your taste buds.
May 05, 2023
for 8 servings
- 1 large sweet potato
- olive oil, to taste
- kosher salt, to taste
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cups milk (350 mL)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 oz jarred sun-dried tomato (115 g), drained
- 3 oz baby spinach (85 g), chopped
- 4 oz crumbled goat cheese (115 g)
- Calories 199
- Fat 11g
- Carbs 14g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 10g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Poke a few slits through the skin of the sweet potato with the tip of a knife, then microwave on high for 1 minute. Let cool.
- Cut off the ends of the sweet potato, then peel. Thinly slice the sweet potato into ⅛-inch (3-mm)-thick slices.
- Add the sweet potato slices to a bowl and drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt and black pepper. Toss to coat well.
- Arrange the sweet potato slices in a 9-inch (23 cm) pie, slightly overlapping so they cover the sides and bottom.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- In a medium bowl, beat the eggs with a pinch of salt and pepper. Add the milk, garlic, and sun-dried tomatoes and whisk to combine.
- Scatter the spinach over the sweet potato crust. Pour in the egg mixture. Top with the goat cheese crumbles.
- Bake the quiche for 30 minutes, or until the center is set and no longer jiggles when shaken.
- Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.