99% would make again
featured in 7 Ways To Prepare Quiche
June 10, 2019
for 5 servings
- 1 lb russet potato (455 g)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ½ teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk (235 mL)
- ½ cup tomato, diced
- ¼ cup green onion (35 g), sliced
- ½ cup bacon (110 g), cooked and chopped
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese (50 g)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Calories 412
- Fat 25g
- Carbs 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 21g
Estimated values based on one serving size.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel the potatoes, then thinly slice a knife or mandoline.
- Add the sliced potatoes to a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt, ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and the Parmesan and toss with your hands or a spoon to coat.
- Arrange the potato slices in a pie dish, starting from the middle and working your way out, overlapping the potato slices. Fill in any gaps with leftover potato slices.
- Bake the crust for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are just cooked and not yet brown.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 350˚F (180˚C).
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, tomato, green onions, bacon, cheddar cheese, remaining teaspoon of salt, remaining ¼ teaspoon of pepper, and the garlic powder.
- Slowly pour the egg mixture over the potatoes. If the potatoes begin to lift up, stop and press them down with a spoon.
- Bake the quiche for 30 minutes, or until the eggs are set and the potatoes are brown.
- Slice and serve.